Fort Works Art is pleased to announce an open call for submissions for FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. The open call exhibition includes eligibility for 2D and 3D artwork. Video and installation work will not be accepted. The exhibition will be open February 8th through March 17th with an opening reception on the evening of February 10th. Due date for entries is January 15th. Contemporary 2D and 3D works that follow the requirements detailed in the prospectus are accepted.
PLEASE READ ALL REQUIREMENTS AND REGULATIONS VERY CAREFULLY. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
We are accepting submissions on a first come first serve basis by e-mail only. Due to a high volume of e-mails, please be patient while we respond to them in the order in which they are received. Do not ship or drop off art work unless you have received a confirmation e-mail that your work was accepted.
WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL GALLERY IS AT CAPACITY.
PROSPECTUS – FORT WORKS ART OPEN CALL EXHIBITION
February 8 - March 17th
January 15, 2018 or until gallery reaches capacity.
• Due Date / Deadline for online submissions – January 15th
• Notification of Acceptance – No later than January 15th (By email)
• Shipping/Receiving – Delivery February 1 – February 3rd (Shipping information will be shared with accepted artists with notification of acceptance email)
• Hand Delivery Drop Off - February 1 – February 3rd (During Fort Works Art open hours, Tues - Fri 11-5pm and Sat 10-6pm)
• Exhibition on Display– February 8 – March 17th
• Opening Reception – February 10th 6:00 to 9:00pm
• Shipped Return – March 20 – March 30th
• Hand Delivery Pickup – March 20 – March 30th
Eligibility & Mediums
- Open to artists residing in the continental USA.
- Contemporary original work in any media including painting, prints, drawings, photographs, ceramics, and sculpture.
- All work must be original (no reproductions), produced within the last two years and not previously shown at Fort Works Art. Price of work should include 50% commission to gallery.
- The digital image of the piece submitted must be the piece delivered to Fort Works Art. NO EXCEPTIONS.
-All submissions will be accepted through firstname.lastname@example.org beginning on January 8, 2018.
-Subject of e-mail should be labeled FIRST COME FIRST SERVE SUBMISSION
-Artist must include your contact information, an image of the work being submitted, title of the piece, medium used, size of the work, year it was created, and price.
- ONLY ONE PIECE PER ARTIST. This will give more artists an opportunity to have a work in the show.
-Please include in e-mail if the work will have to be shipped.
- Artwork must not exceed 36 inches by 36 inches, including frame, etc. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Sculpture or ceramic work must fit on a pedestal. Admissions will be limited due to space restrictions. We will accept these works until we are at capacity.
- Price of work should include 50% commission to gallery.
- All pieces will be for sale at Fort Works Art. The gallery will retain 50% commission on any work sold.
- Price is subject to change by the gallery. Gallery representative will contact the artist in the event of a price change.
Insurance & Liability
- Work will be insured at Fort Works Art but not in transit.
- The gallery will not assume responsibility for work improperly framed or poorly packaged for shipping.
- Images of accepted work may be used for promotional purposes and reproduction
Shipping/ Installation Requirements
- Artists are responsible for shipping costs to and from gallery.
- RETURN SHIPPING LABEL MUST BE INCLUDED IN PACKAGE.
- Artwork must be received by February 3. All works delivered after this date will not be eligible. Packages must be delivered during our business hours.
-Your work of art should be ready to install, and should have hardware installed that will allow for immediate installation by the gallery with no adjustments to the pieces necessary. NO EXCEPTIONS — ARTWORK MUST HAVE HARDWARE INSTALLED FOR IMMEDIATE INSTALLATION OR WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN SHOW.
Fort Works Art will not be judging or jurying any of the artworks submitted, however, gallery reserves the right to refuse a work at their discretion if necessary.
- E-mail Fort Works Art — email@example.com subject line QUESTION
FORT WORKS ART is responsible for works only while they are on the premise of the gallery. Fort Works Art reserves the right to photographic reproduction of the works in the exhibition for publicity and promotional purposes. Fort Works Art does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin. FORT WORKS ART events are free to the public.